This process kicks off when a contract is signed and finance is asked to setup and begin billing for the contract. If the customer does not want to pay via Stripe, then this is the topic to use. The goal is to collect all the info in one place and setup the automatic contract billing in Sage Intacct.
Use the button to create a new TODO topic and work through the steps in order:
 Collect customer company details by communicating with the customer.
Company Details Form
Company * Name: (mandatory) * ID Number: * VAT Number: * Website: * Phone: Billing Address (mandatory) * Street: * Apt/Suite: * City: * State/Province: * Postal Code: * Country: Contact * First Name: (mandatory) * Last Name: (mandatory) * Email: (mandatory) * Phone:
In Intacct, at top level, go to Contracts > Customer and click the Add button.
We require all of the following fields to be entered:
 Customer tab
- Status: Active
- Primary Contact: email, print as, full mailing address including country
Additional Information tab
-  Term: enter the payment terms here. Default to NET 30 if not specified on signed contract.
-  Printed document template > Invoice: Select “Discourse Contract Invoice”, or a different Discourse one as needed.
-  Email template: Select “Discourse Email Invoice to Customer”, or a different one as needed.
 Contact List
- Use same as customer, or…
- If using a separate Bill-To contact, then it needs to be created with full details: name, mailing address, email address, Print As.
 Confirm detailed pricing of each item being sold.
-  Create a new contract at Entity Level
-  start date is contract sign date
-  contract length is 1 year, renewing for 1 year automatically
-  terms match signed contract, or Net 30
-  billing frequency matches signed contract
-  all lines for hosting items (
SUB-) and add-on items (
ADD-) are “New MRR”
-  Verify contract billing schedule and revenue schedule are correct.
-  Generate first invoice.
-  Email/submit the first invoice to the customer.
-  Add Sage contract ID (e.g.
CON1234) to the account for the contract’s site(s). If site hasn’t been provisioned yet, create a new account.
-  Confirm that the mothership account includes all the Discourse sites covered by the contract. (This step can only be completed once the sites are provisioned and manually added to the account.)
Once every task is checked, the automated billing is setup!
e.g., Someone tells you, “$1700/mo (Enterprise + a custom plugin)” How much for enterprise? How much for “custom plugin”? We need to code the products correctly in Sage. ↩︎